Make science entrepreneurship your valentine this year
- Are you a scientist excited about developing science and technology ideas into useful products and interested in forming or being part of a start up business?
- Are you a business person with an interest in science?
- Do you and your friends need help expanding ideas for a new startup?
- Do you love the idea of being your own boss?
Come to Natty Greene’s on February 14th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm for a Scientific Entrepreneurship Workshop!
The workshop will be led by Dr. Cedric Pearce, a classically trained scientist (biochemist) who has been part of founding, growing, and successfully exiting science-based businesses, including Mycosynthetix, Inc., since the mid-1990s. Pearce is an adjunct professor and a Coleman Entrepreneurship Fellow at UNCG. (http://www.mycosynthetix.com).
The workshop is hosted by Dr. Nicholas Oberlies, an entrepreneurial professor in UNCG’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (http://www.uncg.edu/che/Oberlies).
The workshop will include opportunities to network and will cover science concepts and the types of businesses they might lead to; how to evaluate these ideas; attracting a team to help develop your business; how to fund early stage companies including using SBIR grant funding, venture funding, and crowd-sourcing; growing your company; and exit strategies. Successful science entrepreneurs will also give presentation.
- The workshop is limited to 25 participants.
- Come with ideas, questions, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The cost is $20 and will include lunch. There will be time for sampling of some of Natty Greene’s fermented beverages too.
- Email Dr. Nicholas Oberlies of UNCG’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry to reserve your slot (email@example.com).
Co-sponsored by the UNCG Entrepreneurship Cross-Disciplinary Program, the Coleman Foundation, and the Natural Products and Drug Discovery Center at UNCG.