find your collaborators here
Whether bettering communities or commercializing the next big idea, great accomplishments are made possible when we bring community and university-based knowledge together.
Community leaders, nonprofits, businesses, entrepreneurs, and scholars connect through the Office of Research and Engagement.
Jump start your endeavors and maximize your impact by taking advantage of our contacts, educational resources, and cross-campus, cross-community perspective.
- guidance on protecting your intellectual property
- review of external agreements and commercialization activities
- free one-on-one idea, nonprofit, and business consultations
- connections to regional companies, support organizations, funders, and other resources
- access to the startup ecosystem
- is a central communication hub about engagement activities, relationships, resources, scholarship, best practices, and outcomes
- is home to the CollaboratoryTM, a showcase where UNCG faculty, staff, and community partners share their projects and impact
- helps you grow your relationships and activities through the UNCG Partner Referral Desk, which connects callers with the right campus and community partners and resources
Corporations and foundations are important partners in supporting UNCG’s ability to meet its teaching, research, and service mission. When these organizations choose to financially support our activities, they are making an investment in us, and these partnerships call for keen attention to detail.
Working collaboratively with UNCG’s Office of Advancement, our office helps scholars identify relevant funding opportunities available through foundations and corporations, and we serve as the point of contact for applications and awards.
For foundation engagement information, start with our Office of Sponsored Programs’ Applying to a Foundation page.
For more information on corporate engagement, contact Vice Chancellor of Research and Engagement Terri Shelton at email@example.com or 336.256.0232.
Our 17 campus-wide centers and institutes translate ideas into impact. These interdisciplinary organizations drive innovation, create new knowledge, and provide an engine for university scholars to partner with the community on address critical challenges.
Centers provide research opportunities, facilities, and support for work in high-impact areas, and broaden the University’s public service and educational activities.
- Center for Athlete Well-Being
- Center for Community-Engaged Design
- Center for the Health of Vulnerable Populations
- Center for Housing and Community Studies
- Center for Industry Research and Engagement
- Center for New North Carolinians
- Center for Translational Biomedical Research
- Center for Women’s Health and Wellness
- Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships
- Institute for Community and Economic Engagement
- Institute for Data, Evaluation, and Analytics
- Institute for Partnerships in Education
- Institute for Research Technologies
- NC Entrepreneurship Center
- NC Sales Institute
- SERVE education research center
Our technical facilities and partnerships include:
- the Center for Translational Biomedical Research at the NC Research Campus
- the UNCG NC A&T Gateway University Research Park, which houses several ventures led or co-led by UNCG, including the Gateway UNCG MRI Center for Functional and Molecular Imaging and the Joint School for Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
- several core labs
UNCG’s Academic Analytics tool gathers scholarly works by UNCG faculty over the past three years to generate a snapshot of our current areas of expertise.
Don’t know where to start? The UNCG Referral Desk will help you identify potential partners on campus and in the community.