connect to critical resources
We amplify our scholars’ efforts by providing essential infrastructure and unique expertise related to research, creative activity, and community and economic engagement.
By connecting you to critical resources and partners, we support you as you make your mark.
The Office of Research Integrity provides oversight, education, and guidance on:
- ethical conduct of human and animal research
- responsible conduct of research
- federal and state regulations
- export control and international travel or collaboration policies
- external professional activities for pay
- conflicts of interest and commitment
- guidance on protecting your intellectual property
- review of external agreements and commercialization activities
- free one-on-one idea, nonprofit, and business consultations
- connections to regional companies, support organizations, funders, and other resources
- access to the startup ecosystem
Intramural support is available in the form of competitive awards to initiate or enhance research, scholarship, and creative activity.
Funds also exist to support scholar travel, publications, media development, and exhibitions.
List your community partnerships in the Collaboratory, a showcase where UNCG faculty, staff, and community partners share their projects and impact.
In addition to UNCG’s University Communications staff, area-specific media specialists are available through our schools and units, while research communication staff assist with the promotion of UNCG research stories and project-specific needs.
UNCG University Libraries offer many research support initiatives and services for faculty, including:
- library liaisons for each department and program
- data services and data management
- large scale digitization projects
- NC DOCKS for faculty publications and research
- research support services
- over 300 online research databases, 40,000 journals, and a million books and ebooks
- scholarly communication
- journal publishing support
- open access publishing support fund
- open educational resources
- Zotero and other citation management tools
- web support (contact your library liaison)
- reservable spaces
- grants resource guide
Our technical facilities and partnerships include:
- the Center for Translational Biomedical Research at the NC Research Campus
- the UNCG NC A&T Gateway Research Park, which houses several ventures led or co-led by UNCG, including the Gateway UNCG MRI Center for Functional and Molecular Imaging and the Joint School for Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
- several core labs
A number of UNCG networks and coalitions foster interdisciplinary research and scholarly activities.
The Research Advisory Council brings the primary research administrators from each UNCG academic unit together, with representatives from our campus-wide centers and other groups crucial to the support of research activities
Our National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity membership provides access to online career development and mentoring resources for you, your postdocs, and your graduate students.
The Research Information Technology group assists the offices, centers, and special project teams reporting directly to the Office of Research and Engagement, and provides support to researchers when projects require specialized technical expertise.
PI & Scholar Toolkit
Get there faster with the PI Toolkit, our collection of handy links and resources for UNCG researchers, scholars, and artists.