Research Advisory Council
The Research Advisory Council (RAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement.The primary purposes of RAC are to promote a positive research culture and develop strategies and infrastructure to support successful research and creative endeavors.
Members of RAC bring both unique (as agents of individual units) and common (as members of the greater research/creative community) perspectives to RAC. RAC members provide insight into and leadership for policies, practices, and procedures for expanding research opportunities and activities at the University.
Members of RAC work collaboratively with other groups such as the Faculty Senate Research Policies Committee to address issues that impact the research enterprise.
The Research Advisory Council strives to meet its purpose via multiple avenues, including:
- Recommending and promoting structures, policies, and procedures that enhance and expand research capacity
- Proposing solutions to alleviate identified barriers to research
- Advocating for policies and procedures that foster, support, and reward research and creative activity
- Collaborating with others involved in the research/creative enterprise to meet the research needs of faculty, staff, and students
- Providing and/or advocating for new or additional support mechanisms when research needs of faculty, staff, and students are unmet
- Sharing resources, information, and best practices for research/creative activity
- Initiating and developing infrastructure and mechanisms for sustainable interdisciplinary and collaborative research/creative endeavors
- Acting as conduits of information and collaboration between and among campus units, centers, institutes, and divisions and the greater community.
RAC is composed of the primary research administrators from each academic unit on campus (Associate Deans for Research and/or Directors of Research) and representatives from university research centers and University Libraries.
Bryan School of Business and Economics
Jeremy Bray, Professor and Department Head of Economics
462 Bryan School
Child and Family Research Network
Suite 200, 330 S. Greene St., Greensboro, NC 27401
College of Arts & Sciences
College of Visual and Performing Arts
The Graduate School
Information Technology Services
Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering
Office of Contracts and Grants
Office of the Provost
Office of Research and Engagement
Office of Research Integrity
Office of Sponsored Programs
Research Policies Committee
Laura Gonzalez, Chair
488 School of Education Building, School of Education
School of Education
School of Health and Human Sciences
George Hancock, Director of the National Center for Homeless Education
North Campus, Gateway University Research Park
5900 Summit Ave., Browns Summit, NC 27214